Sustainable Purchasing Online Course
There are a lot of decisions when you are responsible for purchasing.
Make sure you are making the best ones.
Do you find yourself:
- Wondering about all the plastic your organization sends to the landfill?
- Worried about harmful chemicals in the products that you buy?
- Concerned about the worker and environmental impacts of your purchasing choices?
- Frustrated because you want to make some changes but don’t know where to start?
We have eliminated the guesswork
The vast and complicated subject of “green procurement” has been distilled into criteria and procedures that you can easily implement and understand. We’ve done the hard work, so there’s less guesswork for you.
- Make clear and confident purchase decisions that are socially responsible
- Stop wasting time and getting lost in sustainability research and ideas
- Have a positive impact on the environment as you transform your supply chains
This Sustainable Purchasing Course will arm you with what you need to know about what to buy and who to buy from
This course will benefit people who are just starting out and those already familiar with sustainable purchasing but want a solid framework on which to build their process.
All concepts will be introduced in practical and digestible lessons. We will start with the foundational understanding of the environmental impacts of a product’s lifecycle and then move to the criteria that should be considered. These criteria go way beyond concepts such as recycled content paper or energy-efficient light fixtures.
- Unit 1: Sustainability Overview
This is a fast-paced overview of the lifecycle of a product. It concludes with examples of some commonly purchased items.
The environmental and social impacts introduced in Unit 1 are distilled into criteria that you can apply to everyday purchases.
- Unit 3: Selecting Vendors & Manufacturers
This focuses on what vendor criteria to evaluate and how to decide whom you should buy from.
- Unit 4: Choose Your Path and Developing a Green Procurement Plan
How you take what you have learned in the previous units and apply them to the situation in your workplace and office.
BONUS MATERIALS INCLUDED
- #1 Sustainable Criteria Booklet
This booklet takes the environmental issues associated with office products, including personal illness, habitat and species loss, pollution, and resource depletion – and codifies those impacts into simple, easily identifiable criteria for products commonly purchased for office operations.
- #3 Ranking Worksheet
This is a spreadsheet tool where you can list what you are already purchasing as a baseline, choose applicable criteria you would like to aim for, prioritize them, and plan which changes you will implement over the next three years.