Here are some considerations for you make purchases for your office.
1. OVERARCHING CONSIDERATIONS
• Do we need it in the first place?
• Can we modify what we have, rent, borrow, or buy second-hand instead?
3.What are the carbon impacts of sourcing, making, distributing, and disposing of it?
2. WHAT IS IT MADE OF?
A. Recycled content
B. Biobased content
3. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE HAVE USED IT?
B. Recycle or downcyclable
C. Upcyclable (Circular Economy)
4. IS IT COMPOSTABLE?
5. IS IT LOW OR NO-TOXICITY?
A. Cleaning Products
B. Building Products
6. CAN WE GET IT LOCALLY?
A. Fewer transport impacts
B. More resilient/stable supply chain
C. Support your community
7. WHAT ARE THE SUPPLY CHAIN IMPACTS?
A. Human rights
B. Organic, Humane
C. Biodiversity, Resources